Ingredients for vegetables*:
- 4 Chinese eggplants, halved and sliced
- 3 Red Peppers, cubed
- 1 large onion, quartered or sixthed
- large handful basil
- teaspoon of garlic
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of grated ginger
*um, I guess the true ingredients for vegetables would be water, plant matter, etc, but I’m stupid.
Ingredients for sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (but I used sesame oil and it was good)
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Soak the eggplant in water for 30 minutes if you want. I think this is weird, personally, but a lot of people suggest it. whatevs. To each his own.
2. Throw all the vegetables in a pan with some vegetable oil, with the exception of the basil and ginger. Throw the basil and ginger in when the rest of the vegetables are soft.
3. Mix ingredients for sauce together. Put in pan with vegetables once the onion is browned, pepper is slightly soft, and eggplants are slightly brown but not overcooked. Overcooked eggplant is gross.
4. Eat over rice or noodles if you like.